Welcome to the Cannon Art Studio

I started this blog page so I could share my art with friends. I plan to update it with new works. Check in every now and then, or join my followers. I would love to hear comments, criticisms, anything that will help in my quest to improve. Enjoy...

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lunch at the Park

I know, but I'm enamored by these summer scenes at Luxembourg Gardens in Paris.  I'm still working on my 'people skills' painting folks in different poses, gestures.  Each work I do is a learning experience for me.  I tried to capture the hub-bub and energy of the lunch crowd.

The lone green wine bottle somehow becomes the focus of this piece, by itself on a sparse table setting.  The man and woman are holding their wine glasses away from view.  The  man behind them is patiently awaiting a menu, lost in thought.

It's always an adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment